AttorneyTom, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

one of the benefits to highlighting key points is that

one of the benefits to highlighting key points is that?

Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.
By reading further, you understand and agree to all that is written above.

Highlighting key points in a case or in a book provides numerous benefits.
1. It allows the individual to quickly skim the material and review for relevant topics.
2. It allows the individual to segment the material to allow quick reference (especially if highlighting in different colors.
3. It helps the reader stay involved in the material.

If you need additional clarification, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate. Please remember that we cannot provide legal advice/services through JustAnswer.

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and please remember to leave Positive Feedback. Doing so ensures I will receive credit for my time and my effort spent answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

When leaving Feedback, please remember that Feedback is left for me as an answerer, rather than the content of the answer. While I enjoy to providing customers with the answers they want to hear, doing so is not always possible.

You should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about these matters. You can find an attorney licensed to practice law in your state through your state's lawyer referral services:

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One of the benefits to highlighting key points is that
A. it sorts the good idea from the bad ideas
B. You can skim, rather than read every word
c. It eliminates note taking
D. It ensures active reading
Well, a person can skim on a re-read, if not the initial read.

I think highlighting is more of a supplement to proper notetaking and that margin notes are more effective when combined with highlighting. This is particularly true when reading cases.

The rest, I agree with.

Please remember to ACCEPT my answer so that I will receive credit for my time and my effort spent responding to you.