SavyLawyer
SavyLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to practice law, I have experience in dealing with a wide variety of legal issues.
14926557

Can I sue someone who is socially spreading rumors and doing

Can I sue someone who is socially spreading rumors and doing boycott?
Expert:  SavyLawyer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for contacting the just answer team.

Yes, you can sue another person that is spreading rumors about you for defamation if (1) they have reason to know that the rumors are false or are negligently spreading rumors that may be false, (2) they are spreading them to a third person (ie someone other than you and themselves), and (3) you can show damages. If all three of these are true, you would have a claim for defamation, and should contact an attorney to assist you in bringing a defamation claim against this person.

I hope this helps, and thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work.

Take care
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you recommend a defamation lawyer in Buffalo Grove area, IL(near chicago).
You can try Ben Kailin at the Law Offices of Jacob J. Meister (tell them Adam referred you), by contacting them HERE. They are a general practice law firm. Or, you can try the Illinois State Bar Association's referral service HERE.

I hope this helps further, and if you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work.

Take care