LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

What is the legal age for a teen to quit school in Arizona.

Customer Question

What is the legal age for a teen to quit school in Arizona. I have her enrolled in an accredited online high school,but she doesn't have the best track record for sticking tothings,and traditional high school has just not worked out for her. Can you tell me formy own peace of mind.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with juvenile law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. I would be glad to interact with you further if needed after you click "Accept" to process my answer.
  2. Arizona law (A.R.S. § 15-803) states that: "It is unlawful for any child between six and sixteen years of age to fail to attend school during the hours school is in session." So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne answer is the child must be over 16 years of age to legally drop out of school. However, there are some exceptions to this rule (A.R.S. § 15-802) if the child is 16 or under, and she and her parents prove to the school's principal a statutory exception.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.