Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

we bought a home recently, we have had to have a plummer unstop

we bought a home recently, we have had to have a plummer unstop the main sewer line three times already in a matter of 8 weeks in he home. They have identified a piece of re bar in the pipe which looks to have been in the system every scene the home was built so thirty years a go. Is their some league resource that might make the previous owners responsible for this cost. As it is the house is virtually uninhabitable.
Unfortunately once you purchase a home, you are responsible for any repairs that you have to make unless the previous owner gave you some sort of warranty. If the home was newer, it would be possibly to try to get the original builders to repair, but otherwise if you purchase the home "as is", you're stuck.

I truly wish I could give you better news.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do have a home warranty with first american, they say they won't pay due to the fact the obstruction is not a natural occurrence. That seems like a brush off to me.
Read your home warranty insurance carefully and concentrate on defects and dangerous conditions on the premises. Because I do not have your policy in front of me, I cannot help you in what your policy can or cannot cover.

However, argue with them about how they can be sure, without analysis, that the obstruction is not natural, at the very least. Insurance companies do like to send out a preliminary denial, but if you keep hammering them, about 3/4 of the time they revise and accept the claim.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.