Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

i live in ny,can i collect unemployment because i am suing

Customer Question

i live in ny,can i collect unemployment because i am suing a tow company for damage to my transmission it was accidentally repoed and now i dont have a vehicle to get to work.the earliest court date is in february.also can i add loss of employment to the suit? thank you
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
I see that you ask a lot of questions but you have only accepted one. May I ask as to the reason for your lack of accepts before I assist you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
wasnt satisfied with previous answers on another topic.i promise to accept this one
No, adding the loss of employment to your suit would not be successful. That damage is too far removed and unforeseeable, since you could have gotten to work by other means. In addition, the tow truck had to know in advance that your vehicle was crucial to your employment, and serviced it knowing in advance of that explicit condition.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im sorry i cant understand your answer.i really dont have any way to get to work.this damage is the reason i am going to lose my job.they werent supposed to repo bank told me they were cancelling the repo and 4 days later they repo it and now its undriveable a rebuilt is 2700 with labor.what can i sue for?they wont pay and took 320.00 from me for a tuneup. if they are responsible which they are why cant i add loss of employment it was due to no fault of my own and im on the verge of losing my job.i also just went bankrupt
I understand your situation and emphasize, but the the repo man, while definitely responsible for any direct damage to your car, is not legally liable to you for the fact that you may be losing your job due to his rightful (at least at the time on his manifest) reposession.

Purely financial losses from their damage to your car that are not foreseeable.

I am sorry.

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please see the answer you gave me you state at the time of his rightful repossession--it wasnt a rightful repo at hte time since i paid my bank not to have then take it i paid the fees the bank didnt get the message across to the towing company and it was 4 business days since i made the pmt to themthat the car was taken so i feel they had enough opportunity to make sure my car wasnt told i was advised by my bank it wasnt going to be towed-it was-thay damaged it i will pursue suing the bank f i have to my court date is a week away