Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I gave my lodger a 30 day notice, and then a 3 day Notice to

I gave my lodger a 30 day notice, and then a 3 day Notice to Quit for violating the rental agreement (convicted of selling prescription drugs). He is in jail, but his belongings are still in my house. He has not paid rent since he went to jail. What can I do to remove these items?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You can now seek to file suit for eviction against the lodger and once the court grants eviction you can place his stuff out of your residence or dispose of it. You can also contact the person via mail and ask if they have a relative they would like to come and get the items within 30 days or you will dispose of them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”