Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

i live in cleveland, oiho and the city says that if your grass

i live in cleveland, oiho and the city says that if your grass is above 3 inches, they will come on your property without warning, nor issuing a citation to correct it, and cut your grass and give you a bill. is there any federal law or stse law that would prohibet the government coming onto your property and performing work (without notice) and then charge you for it
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 years ago.
Every city has ordinances like that. But they don't do it without giving the property owner notice to do it themselvs first. Also, 3" is not very high, and I doubt that they enforce that. There is no state or federal law to prevent the city from enforceing property standards, so it's best to keep your grass cut in the summertime.

Please click on the Green ACCEPT so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are a nice way to say THANKS for a fast and direct answer.   Positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Please be sure to ask for me if you have any follow up questions.   

No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.