Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

We have a New Mexico DOT bridge that caused a flood and several

Customer Question

We have a New Mexico DOT bridge that caused a flood and several million in damages. The bridge was NOT maintained properly. Who can help us?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Were you personally injured by the flood?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, but my best friend was.
Then you have no standing to sue. If you were not injured, you cannot sue for damages. Sustaining an injury is an integral part of any suit. Without injury, there is no legal reason to sue.

I am sorry.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alecander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I fully understand!

However, there are 41 plaintiffs that are looking for a New Mexico attorney that will represent them in this matter.

Ahh, so you are looking for a class action attorney?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am willing to help these people find an attorney who will help them. Class action--that is a new twist.
If you have a lot of plaintiffs who essentially all suffered identical or similar injuries, then a class action attorney may be an option.

I suggest you contact the New Mexico State Bar Association and use their referral section (the bar calls it "find an attorney") to find a personal injury attorney with experience is being the plaintiff against government agencies, or in the alternative, a class action attorney.

Their link is below: www.nmbar.org/

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We tried that and got nowhere. This case is a little complex and will require an expert witness in hydrology, floods etc. I was hoping to find someone other than those referred to us by the State Bar.
Unfortunately the Experts on this site are precluded from specific referrals, or from being solicited for representation by other users for off-site work.

There is one more option I suggest you take--it is a new site, akin to www.linkedin.com, but is designed solely for attorneys and clients. It provides specific recommendations, information, and you can do searches based on ranking and expertise.

Try www.avvo.com. It is where attorneys post their profiles, contact information, cases, and specializations which you can easily and quickly utilize for research.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

OK, I'll try these sites.

JJ

Good luck to you!

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.