Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

I am a manager at a mcdonads and a single mom trying to get

Customer Question

I am a manager at a mcdonads and a single mom trying to get by. My boss told us that we have to open up our schedule to the point we have no say in what we work. Im having trouble getting the hours that help me take care of my son. I think its not fair that my boss is on salary to work 45 hours a week and only works about 30-35 hours. He tells me my schedule cant revolve around whats best for me but whats best for the company, but he dosent work weekends when he told me i had to work at least one weekend day to be a manager. When there is something wrong at work he dosent come in if he has his kids for the weekend. i just feel im being taken advantage of when he does the complete opossite of what he expects of me.
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

Your boss is not accountable to you for the quality of his work nor his work hours. As the boss he sets policy for his subordinates. Your option is to apply at a different restaurant. What you have is a terrible employer. There is nothing the law can do to help you here.

If this answer was informational please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.