BizMatters-law
BizMatters-law, Attorney
Experience:  JD
14241684

My mother lives in a mobile home park in San Juan Capistrano,

My mother lives in a mobile home park in San Juan Capistrano, Calif. that has rent control, if rent control is removed can the owner of the mobile home park raise her space rent as much as he likes or does it only apply the new owner if she sold her mobile home?

If rent control is removed or this property is removed from rent control, then the landlord can raise the rents as much as they like on current tenants subject to limitations in the lease.

IN between tenents, the landlord can set rent at what ever the market will bear.

landlord must give you at least 30 days' advance notice if the rent increase is 10 percent (or less) of the rent charged at any time during the 12 months before the rent increase takes effect.

• The landlord must give you at least 60 days' advance notice if the rent increase is greater than 10 percent of the rent charged at any time during the 12 months before the rent increase takes effect.2