Lisa M.
Lisa M., Attorney
Experience:  3 years experience as general practioner.

My exhusband and I filed a divorce in China years ago. By then

Customer Question

My exhusband and I filed a divorce in China years ago. By then both of us were still Chinese. now he wants to file a divorce in US as he is concerned that there is no divorce record in US. But I am already married again. How should I deal with this? Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks and have a good night.
Expert:  Lisa M. replied 7 years ago.

If you were not married in the United States, you do not need to file for divorce here. You're Chinese divorce should be sufficient.

Best regards, XXXXX
Thank you for your JustAnswer request. Please be advised that since each State has different laws, I am not able to give you a complete answer that a local attorney may provide. Additionally, this answer does not constitute legal advice and there no attorney-client relationship between us. You understand that Lisa M. is providing this information for the sole purpose of helping you to seek and find legal counsel in your particular state.