SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense
18210975

i am an employee of a union contractor i was working at an

Customer Question

i am an employee of a union contractor i was working at an electric co-op where my father serves on the board my father does not get along with the ceo of this cooperative about a month ago they tried to hire me just to get rid of my father i turned the job down. well now my boss has called and told me he would have to send me somewhere else to work becuase the ceo said i was one hell of a worker but could not be on their system anymore because it was better for him. i am not out of a job i just now have to drive an hour to work 2nd shift and only see my family on weekend this occurred in tennessee do i have cause for a lawsuit
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

You do not have cause for a lawsuit. Your boss is allowed to send you to a diffferent place to work or change your shifts. The only thing it is illegal for an employer to do is harass you physically or sexually, drop your pay significantly without due process, or fire you for an illegal reason (age, sex, religion).

I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear. I am simply trying to provide objective information based on the facts presented.

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so i may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was talking about the ceo of the electric co-op who had my employer to move becuase he and my father dont get along
You said, "i just now have to drive an hour to work 2nd shift and only see my family on weekend this occurred in tennessee do i have cause for a lawsui?"

Is this not your question?

What exactly do you want to know?

Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i work for a union contractor we are contracted to do work for fort loudoun electric my dad is also a board member for this co-op the ceo of fort loudoun tried to hire me about a month ago just to get rid of my father becuase they do not get along .so if i take a job at fort loudoun my father would have had to resign his position becuase of neputism i turned down the job offer and when i did the ceo of fort loudoun contacted my boss and told him to remove me from the job and relocate me elswhere the ceo told my boss that i was a good worker and a good man he just did not want me to be contract working for this electric coop no more becuase of politics. in other words they tried to force me into taking the job to get rid of my father and when i declined they called my employer and had him move me just so he could mess with me and my father
Thanks for your response.

My response is the same as above. Your boss may move you around as he pleases, as long as he does not fire you for an illegal reason.

Regards,

Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so it is ok for the ceo to tell my boss to remove me from the work area for no just cause other than to mess with me and my family my dispute is not with my boss it is with the ceo that forced my boss to do it in other words a company should not be able to tell a contractor who is allowed to work there whether it be of race or simple hatred for that persons family
Thanks for your response.

What I'm telling you is that you probably don't have a successful suit in court. Do I think the CEO was out of line? Yes. Do I find his actions reproachable? Yes. However, this is not a moral question, and I don't answer moral questions. This is a legal question, and I have given you a legal answer. A CEO may call a lower-ranked employee and tell him how to move around employees. There is nothing illegal about what the CEO did. I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I don't see a case here.

Regards,

Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my boss is not a lower ranked employee so he should not be able to tell him what to do with his employees sorry to waste your time no need for an answer
I have given you a couple answers. Please ACCEPT if you found them helpful.

Take care,

Michael