Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

I worked at Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Houston, Texas,

I worked at Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Houston, Texas, as a contractor employed by Judge Technical Services, Houston Texas. I had quit my job because I was promised over time work; however, the Jacob stopped giving me over time work while other engineers in the same group were allowed to work over time, i.e., not providing equal opportunity to work overtime work. Texas Work Force Commission(TWC) had decided not to pay UC benefits.
I have filed a de novo petition against TWC) and Judge Technical Services in a district court of travis county, texas. Citation and petition were served by the clerk of the court pursuant to TUCA Chapter 212 subchapter E on 6-11-2009. TWC filed an answer. My employer, Judge Technical Services, did not file an answer. In the absence of an answer by my employer, my statement against them is a valid statement. According to agreed scheduling order, discovery level is one(1) and bench trial date is 12-17-09. Is it appropriate to file an entry for default and a motion for default judgment by the Court's Judge against Judge Technical Services, and at the same time request a summary judgment against TWC to liquidate unemployment compensation? Or what shall be the best course of action by me as Plaintiff Pro Se. Please note, I am a resident of Colorado.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.
Move for default judgment against Judge first and then after you get the default move for summary judgment against TWC. This allows you to lock in adverse judgment which is collateral estoppel against TWC since they connot contest the adverse judgment againt Judge. They denied benefits based on Judge's claim that you quit and were not discrminated against.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should I move for default judgment by the Judge of the Court or by Clerk of the court.
Probably by the clerk but call the clerk's office and they will tell you which one to go to.