lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

MY HUSBAND HAS FILED FOR A DIVORCE. HIS ATTY. WANTS ME TO PAY

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND HAS FILED FOR A DIVORCE. HIS ATTY. WANTS ME TO PAY HIS LEGAL FEES, AND ALIMONY. MY HUSBAND ALSO HAS FILED A FINANCIAL STATEMENT STATING HE HAS MADE -0- SINCE 2005, YET I HAVE DOCUMENTATION THAT HE HAS MADE A LOT OF MONEY. I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT MY HUSBAND FATHERED A CHILD, YET NOTHING COMES UP. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE THIS WAS ON HIS CELL BILLS. HE HAS HAD THIS CHILD SINCE 2005. CAN I REQUEST A DNA TEST DURING THE PROCEEDINGS, ALSO, IS ADULTERY CONSIDERED A CRIMINAL ACT?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Don't worry too much about what he has filed for, the judge is the one that will decide based on the evidence presented to the court. With that said, if you make substantially more than he does, then you may end up paying both. If you can disprove his financial statement, then he will lose all credibility with the judge.

You cannot force a DNA test, but you can question the mother to see if she admits to the affair. Law enforcement will not enforce any laws against adultery, if they did there would be no one to run the country since all the politicians would be in jail. However, it may make a difference if your state takes fault into account. For example in some states the spouse that commits adultery cannot collect alimony.

Here you need to contact a local attorney to protect your rights and file an answer to the complaint. You need to do this immediately.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I HAVE NOT ASKED HER, BUT MY GUT IS TELLING ME IT IS HER. SHE IS MARRIED, AND HAS RECEIVED SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS OF MONIES FROM MY HUSBAND, WHILE HE NEGLECTED TO SUPPORT OUR HOUSEHOLD. MY HUSBAND HAS COVERED THIS UP SO WELL FOR 4 YEARS. I JUST HAPPENED TO START DELVING INTO SOME RECORDS, AND HE CLEARLY PLAYED THIS OUT IN ALL ASPECTS. HE IS NOT SICK, HE TAKES THE MEDS ON THE DAYS HE APPEARS IN COURT, TO PROVE THAT HE IS MENTALLY ILL.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Here the private investigator will be your best witness to prove that he is going with this woman and that he is responsible for the breakup of the marriage. The investigator will know the best attorneys.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE INVESTIGATOR DID NOT SEE HIM WITH THE WOMAN, THEY SAW MY HUSBAND NORMAL, HE PLAYS ABNORMAL IN THECOURT SYSTEM AND HOSPITALS. I STATED THAT HE HAD 4 YEARS TO HIDE A GREAT DEAL OF EVERYTHING.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I understand but it would be unusual for him to stop. Your PI may still be able to catch them together.