Lisa M.
Lisa M., Attorney
Experience:  3 years experience as general practioner.
7870549

mechanic really messed up the electrical system in my car

mechanic really messed up the electrical system in my car trying to fix the ac .he says he will not charge me for parts or labor he claims he fixed the ac but now nothing else works. How do i make him repair the damage.
Expert:  Lisa M. replied 7 years ago.
Dear kjrose84,

There are a couple of things you can do.

If he refuses to pay, you can file a complaint with your state's attorney general's office. You may be able to do this online. They will either make him fix the problem or have him pay for someone else to fix it.

Or

You can get someone else to fix it and take him to small claims court.

If this answered your question, please press the accept button below. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Lisa M.
Thank you for your JustAnswer request. Please be advised that since each State has different laws, I am not able to give you a complete answer that a local attorney may provide. Additionally, this answer does not constitute legal advice and there no attorney-client relationship between us. You understand that Lisa M. is providing this information for the sole purpose of helping you to seek and find legal counsel in your particular state.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How can I prove that the only problem when I brought it in was no cold air and now I have a littany of problems?
Expert:  Lisa M. replied 7 years ago.
Dear kjrose84,

It is possible that the other mechanic will be able to make a report for you to bring in as evidence. Additionally, if you go to small claims court, you can bring in any witnesses that you have to testify. If you don't have any witnesses, the judge will question you to see if your story sounds believable. It will be up to the judge to decide that you are being honest.

Also, the proof is in itself. If you look at the situation, the problems did not exist until you brought the car to the mechanic. Now they do. How else could they have started?

However, you may want to try going through the attorney general first. They offer an outlet that may make the mechanic "choose" to do the right thing.

Best regards,
Lisa M.