How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 112775
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a herniated disc and my doctor asked for reasonable

This answer was rated:

I have a herniated disc and my doctor asked for reasonable accomodations for me. I work at a public school. I have filed with the EEOC and they gave me a notice of right to sue. My principal has been harassing me since October 2008. Do I have a case for a lawsuit?
If the EEOC gave you a right to sue letter, then you NEED to file suit now since your time is limited. If you asked for reasonable accommodation and none were provided and you have a qualified disability or the school principal is treating you as though you have a disability then you do have a case. You need to get to an employment law attorney immediately before your time runs out and you lose your right to sue.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>I have called several employment attorneys and they keep referring me to others. Do you think that they don't think I can win against a school district? My principal has also given me more duty than anyone else.</p>
I do not know why they keep referring you other than many employment attorneys take limited cases or may have some conflict in handling a case against the school board. The best place to look is the same site used by other attorneys,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How long does it usually take to file a lawsuit? I have until Nov. 6, 2009.
The suit can be drafted and filed within a few days, but I must tell you that the closer you wait to the date the harder it will be for you to find an attorney to represent you because they do not want to get in a bind and miss the deadline or they will charge you more of a percentage or an extra fee to handle it because of the last minute rush to file.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I have the notice of the right to sue from the EEOC does that mean I can only charge the school district with discrimination? I also want to charge them with libel, slander, hostile work environment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
No, you can charge them with any additional charges, the EEOC just only investigates the discrimination claim including the hostile work environment which would be presumed if they have given right to sue on the discrimination claim. You can add in the defamation and infliction of emotional distress.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions