MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I have recently entered a contract to purchase a new home.

I have recently entered a contract to purchase a new home. I found out after the contract was signed that my real estate agent told me misinformation then left town for a week so I would have no resource to confer with on the contract. SHe left me instructions to drop the paperwork off with the other realtor.   I have since found out that the information she provided was false.   When I called today (the last day of the three day attorney review) to opt to cancel the contract she wouldn't answer.   She called me back at 5:30 and told me that in order to exit the contract without losing my $1000 deposit I needed an a disapproval letter from an attorney faxed to both her and the other realtor.    Is this something you can provide?

Thanks Jennifer
Unfortunately we are not able to draft letters for customers, but I can tell you that you do not need an attorney to draft and send the disapproval letter, your realtor is incorrect here. For example, you did not need an attorney to enter into the sales agreement, and you do not need an attorney to express your desire to terminate the same agreement. A simple letter communicating your desire to terminate the sale effective immediately and upon receipt will suffice to give the proper notice.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will they be able to keep my deposit if it isn't a letter for an attorney?

no, not becase it did not come from an attorney.