Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

how do I withdraw a restraining order and a divorce petiti

how do I withdraw a restraining order and a divorce petition
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.
Has the restraining order or petition been responded to by the other side? Does the other side agree to the withdrawal? Has the other side filed any claims of their own?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
petition has final oct 21 2009 restraining order no hearing 9-10-2009
Are you saying the divorce petition is final on Oct. 21? There is no hearing on the restraining order?   Why are you withdrawing them? Does the other side agree?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes we have decided to stay married
Call the clerk of the judg or the court, inform them you are withdrawing the petition for divorce by mutual consent and the same with the restraining order. They will tell you if you need to file a stipulation of dismissal or some other form to accomplish your goal.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well you just told me to call someone else to answer a question i asked you. that is silly
Whatis required varies from court to court and state to state. The petition should be withdrawal by a stipulation of discontinuance. Some courts may accept a letter withrdrawing the petition. On the restraining order depending on the circumstances may be withdrawn by reference in the stipulation of discontinuance of the action or by letter or may require a formal appearance. What the court may require can vary from judge to judge.