Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

what is the penalty for corruption of minors

Expert:  Ray replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Here is the penalty for corruption of minors here in Pennsylvania..

Purdon Pa.C.S.A.

18 Crimes and Offenses §5301-6500 (2000)

Chapter 63

Minors

§ 6301 Corruption of minors (pg 441)

(a) Offense defined. -

(1) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupt or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(2) Any person who knowingly aids, abets, entices or encourages a minor younger than 18 years of age to commit truancy commits a summary offense. Any person who violates this paragraph within one year of the date of a first conviction under this section commits a misdemeanor of the third degree. A conviction under this paragraph shall not, however, constitute a prohibition under section 6105 (relating person not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).

(b) Adjudication of delinquency unnecessary. – A conviction under the provisions of this section may be held whether or not the jurisdiction of any juvenile court has attached or shall thereafter attach to such minor or whether or not such minor has been adjudicated a delinquent or shall thereafter be adjudicated a delinquent.

(c) Presumptions. – In trials and hearings upon charges of violating the provisions of this section, knowledge of the minor’s age and of the court’s orders and decrees concerning such minor shall be presumed in the absence of proof to the contrary.

(d) Mistake at to age. –

(1) Whenever in this section the criminality of conduct depends upon the corruption of a minor whose actual age is under 16 years, it is no defense that the actor did not know the age of the minor or reasonably believed the minor to be older than 18 years.

(2) Whenever in this section the criminality of conduct depends upon the corruption of a minor whose actual age I s16 years or more but less than 18 years, it is a defense for the actor to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that he reasonably believed the minor to be 18 years or older.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law