JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

At what age is Social Security income not taxable no matter

At what age is Social Security income not taxable no matter what your income. I work at the P.O. and because of my income we are having to pay taxes on half of my husbands Soc/Sec
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

There is no magic age as to when Social Security is no longer taxable. Rather, according to the IRS, it always depends upon your income.

The following link from the IRS goes into greater detail on the income thresholds:,,id=179091,00.html

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful in better understanding where you stand and why. I also hope that you find this answer to be ACCEPTable!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So does that mean because I work his Little $811. a month ends up being taxed even though he has already paid taxes on that money
Under the current laws, yes, it does.