AttorneyTom, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

how do you look up a restraining order record If you find

how do you look up a restraining order record? If you find that there is still a restraining order on your record and there have been no incidents how do you clear your record?

thank you,
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.

By reading further, you agree to and understand the following:
Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.

A person can typically determine whether a restraining order is active by contacting the county Clerk of Court's office. It is always wise to attempt to obtain a copy of the order. A person may be required to pay print costs (probably about a dollar a page).

If a restraining order is still active and a person wishes to terminate it, one of the interested parties will need to file a motion to terminate the restraining order. This can usually be filed at the Clerk of Court's office as well.

Please click the green
Accept Button to accept my answer so I will receive credit for the time and effort I have spent answering your question. Bonuses and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.

You should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about these matters. You can find an attorney licensed to practice law in your state through your state's lawyer referral services:

In the future, please feel free to ask questions of me personally at: