Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

i need a sample letter asking my neighbor to remove his dead

i need a sample letter asking my neighbor to remove his dead tree - my insurance said to send it certified so if it causes damage to my house we can prove he is negligant
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good morning..Let me see if I can give you some direction on this.

I will let you handle the niceties of opening and closing the letter, but here are the points you want to include:

1) Make note of the dead offending tree.

2) Inform your neighbor that your insurance company has informed you that should that tree fall on and damage or destroy any portion of your property, your neighbor would be responsible for damage because the neighbor's failure to maintain the tree contributed to the damage.

3) That you are hereby putting them on notice that the tree is dead and appears precarious, and that if not removed, in the event the tree causes any damage, you will hold them accountable.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you've made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.