Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

company made an unauthorized charge to my bank account which

Customer Question

company made an unauthorized charge to my bank account which caused overdraft charges totaling $120.Company reversed charge to my account.How can I get them to pay me back for the overdraft fees.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I will be glad to help you.

To get someone who knows what they are talking about in Customer Service is like taking a shot in the dark!

Go straight to the top! The president. If it's a large bank and the president is in their corporate Office or hiding somewhere else, ask for the Senior VP or General Manager; get their name and title, write them a nice letter briefly outling what measurs you hav already taken to resole this problem and that you have received no stisfaction. Repeat that the charge was unauthorized and when the bamk realized it, they reversed it. It necessarily follows that if the thing causing the overdraft was removed, the overdraft charges whould also be removed.

Then in a very diplomatic way tell them that you prefer to resolve this amicably, but since no one seems to understand why the $120 overdraft is also illegal, they will force you to assert your rights in a legal forum and tell someone who uderstands the illegality (A judge) to Order them to reverse the charge. You will also publicize what they have put you through all because of their mistake.

That should light a fire under them!

I hope I have clarified your options. Kindly pess the "ACCEPT" button so that I may receive credit for my work. Leaving positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert

Is there any other information you would like me to consider?

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for my work

Thank you

ANDREA - Attorney at Law