Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

if I get sued can they freeze my bank accounts or not let me

if I get sued can they freeze my bank accounts or not let me pull money from my pension
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Good Morning,

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I will be glad to help you.

No one has the right to freeze your bank account just because they sue you. I am not saying this is not done, because plaintiffs sometimes are overzealous and jump the gun; if this were to happen, it is illegal and without Court permission and you would ask the judge to Order the Plaintiff to rescind his request to freeze you account.

A Plaintiff who sues another for money must first get a judgement in his favor;

In addition, he must wait for the time within which to appeal expires.

If you file an appeal, nothing can be done during the appeal period either.

A plaintiff must take his judgement to the Sheriff, pay their fees and ask the Sheriff to Levy and execute (sell) your property to satisfy his judgement.

I hope I have been able to clarify your rightsm if ever you are sued,

Please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I may receive credit for my work. Leaving Positive feedback, Bonus, etc. is always appreciated.

Thank you and Good Luck!

ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank-you I put in the same question twice to i have to pay for both
I am so sorry, how did that happen?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I new to this, I think I wasnt charged twice, thanks so much I very happy

That's okay, No Problem!

ANDREA