LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

DO YOU PRACTICE IN FLORIDA I HAVE AN ATTORNEY, i JUST WANT

DO YOU PRACTICE IN FLORIDA? I HAVE AN ATTORNEY, i JUST WANT TO KNOW IF A FIELD TEST ON A DRUG HAS TO BE DONE INFRONT OF THE PERSON ARRESTED, BECAUSE IF NOT COULDN'T THE OFFICER HAVE PUT IT THERE.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 7 years ago.

The field test does not need to be done in front of you. The purpose of the field test, is to determine if the drug that the officer has seized, is a real drug. To be charged with possession of ________ ( i.e. cocaine, crack, ecstasy), it has to be real. The cut off straw could be considered paraphernalia but could possible be fought if there was no residue on it. Moreover, the police report, will indicate, what was in the tin foil. Your son signing an admission that the items in the purse were his, is clearly favorable to your defense. You should retain an attorney and have them look over the search warrant, to make sure it was valid and properly executed and also that the arrest and interrogation of your son, was proper. If the police erred in procedure, you Son could have a valid motion to suppress the search of the home and evidence found,

Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. Please hit the ACCEPT button, for my answer.