Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Hey all I just purchased a 2001 Chevy Silverado from a dealer

Customer Question

Hey all

I just purchased a 2001 Chevy Silverado from a dealer in Medford Oregon. While cleaning it I found some peices ot broken tinten window glass under the seat. Upon further inspection I noticed the truck had been repainted, the fenders did not fit correctly, the front and rear lights were loose and the undercarriage was SPOTLESS. I greatly suspect this was a rebuilt vehicle or a salvage title which was not disclosed. In Oregon is the dealer REQUIRED to disclose if a vehicle has been in an accident or has a rebuilt/salvage title? I found some overspray on the vehicle and it appears to have been completely repainted, in fact the truck looks brand new! That would be fine BUT if its been in a bad accident or the title is branded must they tell me that upfront? If this is the case do I have recourse to ask for some money off the sale price> It looks to be a nice truck but if wrecked and rebuilt I would not have paid that much.

Thank you vey much
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.

It appears that the dealer may have fraudulently misrepresented the vehicle to you. I suggest you take the vehicle to a mechanic that would be able to tell you directly as to whether or not the vehicle was rebuilt.

However, if it is found that truck was rebuilt and the dealer misrepresented that fact to you, I must warn you that you cannot simply demand a discount from the sales price. Your only options are acceptance of the contract as it stands, or a demand to receive your money back (and you returning the vehicle back to them).

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.