JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

i kid made death threats at me and my family. we were talking

Customer Question

i kid made death threats at me and my family. we were talking online on facebook, going back and forth about my ex and who is the better man. he had access to my name and who i am; he even had access to my location. this is the last thing he said before i blocked him;

"and ur talking?? listen up u lil f**king faggot, if u say any of this shit to my face, i guarantee i will f**king burn u and ur entire family. i will slowly MURDER all of you. i swear to god u f**king mother f**ker, watching ur crying face pleading for me to stop slaughtering you will be one of the greatest moments of my life. u think u actually have f**king balls, go ahead and try to say this shit to my face u f**king pussy"

i think he may be a mentally unstable.

what can i do legally?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Unfriend and block him.

Notify Facebook and report that he's violating the terms of service. Short of that, legally, there's nothing else you can do.

If you know who he is and where he lives, and if you are really in fear of harm, you can contact your police department. Do not be surprised, however, if they don't do anything -- at least if it's only a one-time posting.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!