INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I live in Alaska. A few years ago, I had a Court Judgement

I live in Alaska. A few years ago, I had a Court Judgement for a debt I owed. The court had been garnishing my Alaska PFD checks for what I owed, and based on what I saw on the Court website, I finally finished paying it off last year.

Today, I receive a packet for Discovery Request in Aid of Execution from the Attorney that originally filed the claim. Why would I still need to worry about this?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
If the judgment is not fully paid off through the garnishment, the creditor is entitled to pursue other avenues for collection and you would need to respond to the discovery demands issued unless you work out a settlement which would come in place of such enforcement and investigation.