Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
14472836

Can my spouse be a resident with property in one state, while

Can my spouse be a resident with property in one state, while the other spouse be a resident with property in another and can each claim homestead in their respective state?

Yoiu can do so if there are two separate households and the house is the primary residence of the respsective spouse.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Am I correct that residency is a valid drivers license and plates for that state and that you live in that state for a minimum of 6 months, correct?

Requirements vary by state. If you are a regisatered voter then you are pretty much a resident.