MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

Can you be subpoena while under medication

Can you be subpoena while under medication?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Do you mean can a person on medication be subject to subpoena? If so, the answer is yes. The threshold question is whether despite the medication the person has the capacity to testify or participate in the proceeding.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok Let me explain a little in detail- Take in consideration I'm only 25, never been under any kind of medication like this until my husbands lawsuit. I am currently taking Lorazepam 1mg (Ativan) 2x daily, Prozac 40mg once daily, and Klonopin 1mg 3x daily. This lawsuit has really gotten to me, personally, especially with my having no realtion or involvment in it. Today I was subpoena to show my financials personally, and business wise, and with this medication I do not know if I could be able to do this, with out the emotions? So my question, would I have too?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Given that you are not required to testify but only turn over documents, yes you have to.