Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

two years ago, opened a credit card account in daughters name

two years ago, opened a credit card account in daughter's name with myself as authorizied user. told my daughter about it after the account was extablished. account recently paid in full and closed recently. credit card company is working on a fraud case, since my daughter did not open the account herself, even though the cards have been cut up and returned and account paid in full. daughter is trying to drop the fraud case. any advice?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Good Evening,

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I am glad to help you, but need some information from you first.

1) Who closed the account - you, your daughter, or the issuer of the card?

2) Who was the issuer (credit card co)

3) Who told them that you opened the account in daughter's name? your daughter, someone else?

ANDREA - Attorney at Law

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my daughter and I both agreed to close the account together. I paid the card off myself. my daughter was trying to ask if a security lock had been put on the account, and she told them she did not open the account, issued by household bank (hsbc). she does not want the investigation to continue, nor do I.

Thank you for your reply,

In order for Household Bank to investigate an alleged fraud, Household Bank would have to be the victim of a fraud, or one of its cardholders was an alleged victim of fraud.

If the credit card account has been paid in full, why are they still investigating, they have not been defrauded.

Have your daughter tell them that she has not been defrauded, her mother was an authorized user, the card has been paid off and she wants the investigation to stop.

Household Bank cannot allege fraud where there is no victim; if they want to call your daughter the victim, she should tell them she has not been a victim o fraud, the investigation because she will not participate or cooperate in any "fake" fraud case Household Bank wants to drag her into.

Please press the "ACCEPT" key so that I may gt credit for helping you.

Thank you

ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

Good afternoon,

Is there any other information you want me to conider?

Kindly press the "ACCEPT" button so that I may get credit for my work.

Thank you abd Good Luck!

ANDREA - Attorney at Law & Legal Expert