Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

Durable Power of Attorney

What is your question ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Have I given you enough info?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not know if you received the additional info you requested. The situation is this. My mother is in the middle stage of alziemhers (not sure of the spelling) and presently resides with me in California. My sister resides in Colorado and has the time to take better care of my mother. It is very important that my sister has full control of medical decisions and finances regarding my mother, for both of their sakes. She was told that she should have both, a medical power of attorney, and a durable power of attorney. I have downloaded the medical one, but cannot find the durable one as easy. Are they the same?

You need both. The POA for health care is just for making decisions relating to the medical needs of the ward. The regular Durable POA is for handling of financial, and business aspects of the ward.

You can see a sample at:

scroll down passed the advetisement and price You will see the form and instructions.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.