Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Hello, I have a question related to house rental. We have

Hello, I have a question related to house rental. We have been working with an owner who sent us the lease, we sent the deposit money which he cashed and we are supposed to be set to sign the lease Saturday. He has also been in negotiations with another party while making us beleive we are all set to go. We have turned down three other house to rent because of his e-mails and phone conversations and cashing the check. If he were to back out at this point, would we have any grounds to sue them. We are in a situation where we need to be in a new place by end of the month (August) and this action is now becoming very serious.

you have given the money and have a "meeting of the minds" so in essence there is a contract. if he breaches it you can file the lawsuit.