MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

If you are a 20 % partner in a limited parnership is it proper

Customer Question

If you are a 20 % partner in a limited parnership is it proper for you not to ever see the financial statements and/or tax returns of the company?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
no, in fact as a party having a 20% ownership interest you should be permitted free and open access to the books.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It has been 3 years since the inception of this business.....I have not see anything in reference to filings with the government. My 51% partner (controlling partner) has supplied all the monies for this business (3 million) , but will not share any of the financials with any of the partners....I would think that we are liable for the proper handling/filiing of these federal forms???????
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
you would be correct. in the LLC Articles there should be a clause stipulating that all member shall have access to the books.