Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I am 3 months pregnant and chose not to do heavy lifting at

I am 3 months pregnant and chose not to do heavy lifting at work. I am a nurse and we utilize hoyer lifts at the establishment i work at.

However, now my employer is pushing the issue that I lift because one of the aides is pushing the issue with her. This aid doesn't do any lifting her self. Plus, she is running around the building telling all my co-workers how I refuse to do my job and is basically destroying my character by saying I don't care about my patients.

It is causing quite an uproar and much hostility with my co workers and I would like to know what my rights are. I am going to get a drs note concerning my wt restrictions for the rest of my pregnancy, but this person is pushing that i get fired if I do. She already told another pregnant woman that if she got a not from her dr that she would not have a job.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
The Pregnancy Discrimination Act is an amendment to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions constitutes unlawful sex discrimination under Title VII

If an employee is temporarily unable to perform her job due to pregnancy, the employer must treat her the same as any other temporarily disabled employee

If the employer so discriminates, the next step is to file a complaint with the eeoc. see
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
And what of this woman who is going after me to my coworkers saying such negative things about my charater and causing my job to be in jeopardy. i may end up being written up for this which says on my permant record.
You should complain to management about her conduct.

Slander requires showing false statements made to another causing harm to reputation and financially. It is an expensive and time consuming lawsuit. Consider also if the defendant has any money to collect assuming you succeed and obtain a judgment. Often a lawyer letter leads to the slander to stop and is more cost effective.    To find local counsel to represent you, see