RBinJax
RBinJax, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.
14308646

Is it legal to drive with a cast on your right foot in California,

Is it legal to drive with a cast on your right foot in California, even if you are actually using the left foot to drive (in an aoutomatic)

There are people with only a left leg who drive cars using their left foot to operate the controls. As long as you can safely operate the car using your left foot, there is no prohibition against your driving.

I do suggest that have someone drive you to a large parking lot after the businesses have closed and try driving using your left foot before going on the street. If you are accustomed to driving an automatic and not using your left foot, I can tell you that it is a very different feeling using your left foot, particularly on the accelerator, and the driving position may not be comfortable.

I hope this answers your questions. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX and a speedy recovery.