LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

In 2000, my sister stole my inheritance legally, but immorally

In 2000, my sister stole my inheritance legally, but immorally and unethically. Is it too late to take her to trial? She is living in a $2000/month apartment and has a $20,000 car and I am living in low-income housing and had to give up my car. She has claimed that she has earned only about $3000/year in the past 5 years!

She has ruined my past (my family's good reputation), my present, and my future. I have tried to come to terms with this but am unable to.

Thank you. [email protected]

[email protected]
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry o hear of your dilemma.

I'm afraid that the law does not provide for relief from immoral behavior. If the inheritance was taken legally, then you can not sue your sister for accepting and keeping it.

I wish you the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,