LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

I am scheduled to go to a bench trial for domestic violence.

I am scheduled to go to a bench trial for domestic violence. I pled not guilty to the charges because I did not hit him with a closed fist twice. The witness is an escort and the victim is an alcoholic- my best friend of 4 years. He is sober and will be for the trial. He wants to drop the charges but no one calls him back so I am preparing for court. I am a mother of 6 ande a nurse for 17 years and have never had a run in with the law. What is a good character for a defense?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

A character witness is not likely going to help you.

The fact of the matter is that if you hit him, slapped him or even pushed him, once, twice or a dozen times, you can still be charged with domestic violence.

The charge should not be taXXXXX XXXXXghtly and I strongly urge you to retain an attorney, or demand that one be appointed for you, as you stand to lose a lot--including your state license to practice nursing.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,