AttorneyTom, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

1 Does North Carolina have a Grand Jury 2 If yes how many

1 Does North Carolina have a Grand Jury ?
2 If yes how many members serve on this jury?
3 How many members of the Grand Jury have to agree before someone is indicted?
4 How many members are on a North Carolina petit jury?
5 How many members have to agree to get a verdict in North Carolina?
I am home schooling my grandson. We have already had to extend into the summer and now I don’t even know the answers to these questions. I tried looking them up on line with no luck. If you can give me a web site or the answers I would be very grateful.
By reading further, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
1. You understand that laws vary drastically by state and country and that this answer does not constitute legal advice and that no attorney-client relationship is formed.
2. You understand that because no attorney-client relationship is formed, no attorney-client privilege exists and anything you have written could be used against you in court if discovered by an opposing party.
3. You understand that it is impossible for an attorney to provide complete and proper legal advice with JustAnswer and you therefore acknowledge that information provided on JustAnswer is not legal advice.
4. You understand that T-USA is providing this information for the sole purpose of helping you to seek and find legal counsel in your particular state.
5. You understand that T-USA is not providing you with legal services or advice.
6. You understand that T-USA is not agreeing to represent you in any legal matter and that no attorney-client privilege is formed.
7. You understand that you should consult, in person, with an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state or the state in which your question's subject matter is taking place.

State laws can vary drastically. Accordingly, you should consult an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state about this matter. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service. What follows is general information which may or may not apply, depending on the laws of your state. Only an attorney who is licensed to practice in your state can provide legal advice or legal services.

1. North Carolina does have grand jury hearings.
2. Grand juries have 12-18 members in North Carolina.
3. In North Carolina, 12 members are necessary to indict.

4. A North Carolina Petit Jury has 12 members.
5. To convict, a jury must be unanimous.

Hope this helps!

Because I have provided you with a detailed, high-quality answer in an extremely timely manner, please ACCEPT my answer so that I will receive credit for the time and effort I have spent assisting you. While bonuses are greatly appreciated for the exceptional information I provide, they are a gratuity and they are not required.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much. You really did help with the answers and the web references.
Thanks again
Have a great night.
My pleasure. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to request me personally.

Have a great week!