Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Im Granite Subcontractor and I have three workers, one of

Customer Question

I'm Granite Subcontractor and I have three workers, one of them aparentely injury during work on April 23, 2009, but he reported on June 10, 2009. We work as a team and during this time he never complain, In addition he was performing his job as usual even do he was playing futbool soccer every Sunday. He stop working on June 10 and has been absent for two weeks because he satarted complaining about his back. He went with unprofessional massage person for treatment.
My concern is I do not have medical insures for them. He just see the Doctor today June 30, 2009, and he told me that he is going to bring some papers that I have to fill it out and sign for the follow up treatment.
According this information given for himself I am not sure if he injuries at work.
I would like to help him on my own will. I would like to protect agains a law suit.What do you recomended to do? Please e-mail me [email protected]
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 7 years ago.

PSBoss:

It sounds to me like your employee is trying to get you to fill out some documentation reflecting that he was injured on the job so that his doctors will continue to treat him under the impression that workers' compensation will take care of the claim.

What state are you located in?