Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I know a girl in the state of florida that went down and married

Customer Question

I know a girl in the state of florida that went down and married a county firefighter at the court house to get good medical benifits because she couldnt get any benfits from any where else> They are not togeather but he is just doing it to help her out. Is this leagal or can any body do this with a county official?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question The marriage is legal here. And the firefighter can add a spouse. And yes you can go marry anybody you choose and add them to your insurance as a spouse. Once you legally marry here there is nothing illegal about adding them. Lots of married people that don't live together, it's not a requirement they live together..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.