skelly151
skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
8748477

Im taking over a small HVAC business that belongs to a friend.

Customer Question

I'm taking over a small HVAC business that belongs to a friend. I currently have a small HVAC Business We decided on $10,000 for customer base( Phone list) Aprox 1000 customers, tools ,1 van paid for, Business nameEtc. He is inc with the name but the name is XXXXX XXXXX and i wan to keep it. Stating it as a div of my co. How does that work.I really don't have the monies to use my lawyer and thought if this is a simple process I could handle it.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You just need to substitute yourself as the primary person on the corporation and the statutory agent and then you can make it a related company or a subsidiary based on what your accountant thinks is best for tax purposes. If it is an llc you can amend the member agreement and substitute yourself in as the primary member which is easy. Then amend the corporate filings to reflect your ownership. It is really quite easy.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
have i answered your question?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
are you there?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
hello