lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

I had an accident at a speed of 45 miles an hour. It is barand

I had an accident at a speed of 45 miles an hour. It is barand new BMW, my airbags did not deploy. My head hit the side window and shattered the glass. Some amount of glass hurt my arm and forehead. My car is in the body shop at this time bacause the entire door and front needs to be replaced. Can I sue BMW to exchange my car as this one has faulty airbags.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.

You can sue them under a product liability claim for your personal injuries but you should be covered for that under your auto insurance or health insurance anyway and you cannot doulble collect.

You can have them look at the airbags and make any corrections under the warranty but you cannot sue for an entirely new vehicle. Sorry.