lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

Im trying to leave my husband. We are seperated, Ive talked

Im trying to leave my husband. We are seperated, I've talked to other men during this period could he take my children?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Custody is decided by the court based on the best interests of the children. Both parents have an equal Constitutional right to their children. If one parent can present evidence that the children are better off with them then that is the way the judge will go. Talking to other men will not in of itself have an effect on custody.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am aware of a packet to file divorce under amicable terms, he will not negotiate at this point. I am somewhat in fear, would it be bette to just hire a lawyer?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Based on your optional information that just showed up you should retain an attorney.