Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I have someone staying in my husbands house who has never

I have someone staying in my husband's house who has never been asked to pay rent, and now that we wish to move into that house, he is refusing to leave. How do we go about getting him out of there and how long would this process take us??

Cornwall, On
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You would give him a notice here to end the month to month tenancy and then file for eviction. The notice may force him to move on in this situation. If not then you file eviction suit and seek an order of eviction. The court would hold hearing and then evict here. I am sorry that you have to go through all this but that is the process involved in getting him out. Here are forms in the matter to use..