INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

we have lived in our home for 9 months and have contacted our

Customer Question

we have lived in our home for 9 months and have contacted our neighbors 3 or more times about the constant barking of their 2 dogs. i home school my children and they both have health problems made worse by stress. this has been an every day stress since we have lived here. we have even offered to buy training collars to deter the dogs constant barking and we have even used our money to buy devices to put on our property to solve the problem on our own. nothing has worked. today we had school in our kitchen with a box fan running and the overhead oven fan running just to drown out the constant barking. we need help. i would appreciate any advice you can give.   thank you.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
What state is this in? Are you a tenant? what have you tried so I dont offer the same measures?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
WE LIVE IN THE COUNTY, HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA. WE OWN OUR HOME, WE HAVE TRIED BOXES THAT EMIT SOUNDS ONLY DOGS CAN HERE THAT HAVEN'T WORKED AND WE TRIED A CD THAT WORKED IN THE SAME MANNER, THIS ALSO DIDN'T WORK
Recourses include
1. calling the police and filing complaints
2. suing the neigbor for nuisance
3. writing to local politician to address the problem if local
4. notifying the hoa and demanding it take action
5. having a lawyer interfere by letter and lawsuit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL SAID THERE ARE NO NOISE ORDINANCES AGAINST BARKING DOGS IN THE COUNTY. SO WHAT TYPE OF SUIT WOULD I NEED TO TALK WITH AN ATTORNEY ABOUT. I HAVE HEARD OF QUIET ENJOYMENT OF PROPERTY IN REAL ESTATE LAW. WHAT WOULD APPLY IN OUR SITUATION. IT DOES AFFECT THE HEALTH OF MY CHILDREN.