Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

Can I get out of my contract with Sprint due to breech of contract

Can I get out of my contract with Sprint due to breech of contract on their part? Every other month I have to call them to have my bill corrected due to billing errors. Bad thing is I didn;t notice at first and there were months I was being billed for calls that should have been free. They would not give me complete credit for these calls because they said they could only go back 3 months. We still have 6 mo +/- on our contract but I would like to get out now & find a new company. I live in Florida
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

You do not have a breach of contract ase unless the contract provides that billing would be accurate. My guess is that the contract just specifies that billuign will be monthly. You may be able to sue Sprint for negligence with respect to its billing practices. You may also be able to take Sprint to small claims court toi get a refund for all erros in thyeir billing. With a pattern of continued errors you may be able to get relief.

Your better option is to write the president of Sprint. Send copies of your bill and describe the errors and corrections made. This may get you a "better" deal then dealing with customer service.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your immediate response. I will do as you suggested a letter does seem to go a long way!

Thank you once again!!!