Colin M. Page
Colin M. Page, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years employment and commercial law experience.
18443208

I filed a complaint with Walmart concerning sexual harassment

I filed a complaint with Walmart concerning sexual harassment from a fellow employee. They filed reports and told me it was taken care of. They wouldn't tell me what was done, and made a joke about it. i have been harassed by the management ever since. I found out recently that nothing was done to this person. I still have to work right next to this person and have to deal with him being in my department flirting with the other women. I over heard him telling another employee how when someone comes after him he gets even and he will make sure this person is fired. I'm am tired of this and need to now what options I have.
Thank you,
Catherine Brandon
Expert:  Colin M. Page replied 7 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

If you feel that you're being harassed because you made a complaint and that you continue to work in a hostile environment, you could bring a claim for sex harassment and retaliation.

Depending on the state you're in, you may be able to go directly to state court. Otherwise, you would need to file a complaint with the EEOC. If you don't want to try to hire a local attorney, you can go directly to the EEOC. Here is the site with information on filing a charge. http://www.eeoc.gov/charge/overview_charge_filing.html

Good luck!

______________

Please press the Green "Accept" button so that I can be paid for answering your question.

______________

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE

The term "expert" used by this site is for its own purposes and is not recognized or supported by any Bar or legal organization. Although I have trained in employment law and practiced it exclusively for over ten years, I do not claim to be an "expert."

The responses provided are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. In order to obtain legal advice you must contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Because this is a public forum, there is no attorney-client relationship and your questions and my answers are not confidential or subject to the attorney client privilege.