Justice4U
Justice4U, Attorney
Experience:  Broad base of legal experience.
16110456

In the state of nevada does a step parent have the right to

Customer Question

In the state of nevada does a step parent have the right to discilpine or provoke a step child if the step child feels threathened and acts out. What rights do step parents have in regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Justice4U replied 8 years ago.

Does the step parent have permission from the biological parent? What do you mean by provoke?

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

There was a situation between my son and my husband. My son is 14 yrs old and has a bit of an anger issue. My son got anger and felt threaten so he got quite angry with my husband and said he would hit him. My husband which is the step parent choose to tell me to move out of the way and told my son to go ahead and hit me as he was raising is arms over and over again. This of course cause my son to lose control and the police were called. They said it was againest the law for my husband to provoke my son in that manner and he could be arrest for domestic violance and child endangerment even though my son became out of control. I have told my husband to never do that and to leave the room so I can calm my son but he refuses to do so.

Thank you

Lisa Lester

Expert:  Justice4U replied 8 years ago.
It is the directing of the child to strike which is the problem. Discpline with your permission is not a problem. There should be no problem with the step parent disciplining with your permission, so long as no antagonism is occurring such as provoking to strike. Please let me know if there is anything more specific you would like addressed.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only