NY/MA Attorney
NY/MA Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience practicing law.
19381786

will the US extradite a US citizen after being convicted in

will the US extradite a US citizen after being convicted in Italy for knowingly selling counterfeit merchandise ?Have there been past cases similar to this? the statute of limitations on this is six yrs in the US and 10 in Italy,from the start of the case in Italy,can the Italians request extraditions after the 10yr since the start of the case?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

there are a lot of questions there. is it your preferene to break the questions up, or to raise the value of the question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have many other questions but i will not
offer mire $ with out knowing in advance what
exactly you want to answer, the answers to
these questions will tell me if you are qualified
in USA/Italian issues
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, break it up and answer the first
question please
Hi again:

I am actually going to opt out and suggest that the questions are relisted individually. Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don't understand why you don't answer at
least the first question?
Expert:  NY/MA Attorney replied 5 years ago.
Pursuant to the treaty between the United States and Italy an extraditable offense is one that carries more than one year in jail as a punishment. If Italy went through the trouble or requesting extradition, the US would be bound to comply. The statute of limitations applies to crimes that you have yet to be charged with. After conviction you would be considered a fugitive, the statute of limitations would not apply. Having said that, you don't exactly sound like Al Capone, I don't know if Italy would be burning up Interpol looking for you. But if I were you I would stay out of Italy.
NY/MA Attorney, Attorney
Experience: 20 years experience practicing law.